Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Dec 17 2009 11:10 pm Alpha Team Report: Mission "soul therapy"

Adam VC:

Therapy is a keyword now for Mom. The Doctors and nurses are giving Mom steady therapy now, so her brain can re-learn how to speak and how to move her whole right side of her body. Dad and I have a goal to meet a therapy need that doctors can't provide, so we are ministering to her soul. We are read Bible to her for hours today, Cousin Beth Short, and Connie Brink did too, I was kicked out after some 3 hours with mom. I was hogging her. She responds so well to the scriptures, and I sang to her, and she was smiling and crying the whole time! The best part about that for her was, all the noise that the people were making in the ward, and outside of it stopped completely. Everyone just shut up, and silence was heard, and it was very good! At the time I decided to start singing mom had been told to get some sleep, wasn't gonna happen with all that noise, so I decided to entertain her. Mrs Brink sang to Mom and read to her as well.

When Grandma and Grandpa showed up! Wow! They held hands and response was great, she can give a grip now with her left hand! They held her hands for a long time and kissed her several times, then I got to hold her hand, for 2 minutes or so, then I got dumped as she pulled her hand away and she reached out for her Mom. She was so happy to see her parents! Praise God she is doing so well!

Mission Accomplished.

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!!! I know you are blessing your Sweet Momma by reading the Scriptures, singing, and having devotions, but I think of all of the other people in the hospital that are being blessed by observing and interacting with your family. People are seeing God through your actions. I know she is not able to speak yet, but your mother's heart is leaping for joy. Well done Van Cleve Family!

    MJW

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet for your mom to have her parents there, we are so excited for your family!

    The Lord is so good, What an answer to prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May He get all the glory!

    Krista.

    ReplyDelete