Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Dec 17 2009 12:43 pm

I am posting from Mom’s bedside! Praise the Lord! I have been reading the Bible to her for hours now, with Dad and I taking turns. First I read her some Psalms, chapters 146-150, and some others that I had selected. When I first came in the room, she was very unsettled by the nurses, who had just put a feeding tube through her nasal passage, but when I greeted her and started reading, she became peaceful. I also read to her Ephesians chapter 5, just to give her an idea what was taught at church while we were away, and what Mr. Murphy would be preaching this coming Sunday. She really smiled when we came to verses 15-16 because I stopped reading to remind her of how many times she had used those verses to exhort and prod me. Then I read her some of Job, and I got a great response from her when I cracked a joke about how camels were cars in the Old Testament, and since Job had 3000 camels, he owned a camel lot. I told her we really have a long ways to go to match that! She both smiled (laughed) and cried during scripture reading, praise God!

Another thing, Miranda called with something that had been on her heart. None of us had taken into consideration that mom didn't know what was going on! We took for granted that mom knew that she had a stroke, and what condition she was in. Miranda alerted us to this, Dad filled mom in on her own condition: exactly why she was here and how well she was doing. She understood everything and was grateful.

Joe Murphy just stopped by, and he encouraged Mom, Dad, and I greatly through prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Thx Adam, for keeping us so well informed so we know how best to pray. We have been praying for your mom and you all since Gary Roberts informed me on Wed. And we count it a privilege to continue to do so.

    Only by His Grace,
    Gary for the Jordans

    ReplyDelete