Wednesday, December 30, 2009

'Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus

~Krista~
The chorus to this song is the one that was going through my head while we were on our way to the hospital, the day that Mother had her stroke! 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus!

~Words: Louisa M. R. Stead, 1850-1917 Music: William J. Kirkpatrick, 1838-1921~
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, “Thus says the Lord!”

Chorus
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

3 comments:

  1. You are a mature young lady, and the Lord is going to make you even more Christ-like through this trial. When people look at you they will--and do!--see Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the encouragment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting Louisa Stead's gospel song. So many our our hymns were born out of personal trial and the writer's experience of God's faithfulness. I think this is one reason why they continue to be such a blessing in our own times of testing.

    If you enjoy reading about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.

    ReplyDelete